Your comfortability is of utmost importance, so if your mattress has been causing you restless nights and continuous backaches, its time you sit down and choose your next mattress. Do you wake up with neck and back pain? Do you have trouble sleeping? Well, your mattress could the source of the problem. Lack of quality sleep has a negative impact on your physical and mental health. It is time to get a new queen size mattress.
Most people shop for a mattress about once every 8 to 10 years. Indeed, a mattress can be a major sleep investment. This is because mattress can last for up to ten years. Therefore, if you haven’t bought a new mattress in the recent past you might be somewhat rusty on the details. Regardless of what has necessitated the need for you to get a new mattress, this article will be helpful. Here is a checklist to purchase the right mattress size that’s suitable for you.
You should consider several factors, for instance, a married person requires a certain different mattress compared with someone living alone. So does age, either old, young or middle-aged or health issues such as allergies. You should consider all these before committing on the kind of mattress you want to purchase.
Body Weight and Height
Your weight matters a lot since you tend to sink in some mattresses. Before purchasing your mattress, consider your weight and what the company’s manufacturing the mattress have in their descriptions. Ensure you have all the facts before having a commitment. You should also consider your height since most mattresses are generally for the average people. So in case you are taller than usual, you should also consider inquiring from their distributors.
Different Types of Mattresses
Ensure you know the kind of mattress you require. Some of the popular types of mattresses are;
- Hybrid mattresses- these mattresses have in bedded a variety of materials that are a combination of innerspring and foam.
- Innerspring mattresses- this mattress feature spring coils that ensure great edge support, they further have different levels of comfort and support.
- Memory foam mattress – this type of mattress keeps your spine in check through giving you relief from pressure point aches.
- Natural latex mattresses – this kind of mattress tends to provide more support compared with the other mattresses thus reduce the transfer of motion, thereby reducing sleep disturbances.
- Air mattresses- these are the kind of mattresses’ made out of PVC. They have built-in pumps to ensure the deflating and inflating is easy.
Price of the Mattress
The price of the mattress depends on the size, type and the company. How much money are you willing to commit to a new mattress? Remember, buying a new mattress is an investment in your quality of sleep.
Size of the Mattress
You should understand mattresses come in different sizes, thus you should be aware of your bed size or rather the room in which you tend to put your mattress. Some of the sizes are;
- Queen size mattresses – these are mostly directed to couples since they are the larger compared to most mattresses.
- Double/full size- these are rather longer and wider than twin size mattress. They mostly provide comfort to individuals who tend to move around on the bed during the night.
- King size
- Twin size- this kind of mattress is relatively good for individuals whose rooms are small. They have another version such as Twin XL, which are longer.
Depending on your sleeping position, you should be aware of the description of the kind of mattress you want. The normal thickness limits are between 9 to 12 inches. Therefore, you should get a mattress that is within these ranges in terms of thickness. The thicker the mattress, the softer it is.
The type of mattress you decide to purchase should ensure your comfortability since your health depends on it. Always remember that when lying on the bed, you tend to rest, so you should wake up relaxed.