Faculties form the backbone that makes for the best international school in Singapore. Almost 90 per cent of the international schools in Singapore boast of having handpicked qualified professionals.
100% of the teachers are highly qualified, while 60% among them have more than post-graduate degrees. A majority of them have more than 10 years of international teaching experience. They all have taken special training in their respective subjects to qualify as a faculty member in the international schools.
As a template, what you’ll likely find when looking up any international school is:
XYZ is one of the finest international schools in Singapore with 375 top-notch faculty members. Around 74% of them have Master’s and Doctorate degrees. They have remarkable contributions in student’s social, academic, and extracurricular developments.
Singapore international schools combine teaching methodology with technology. Hence, each of the faculties is well trained in imparting education through the use of technology. From lesson planning to students’ assignments and tests, everything is done digitally at the Singapore international schools.
The schools make sure that the faculties follow the latest educational trends and help students perform outstandingly. They should be well versed with technology and undergo international academic programs like:
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Programs
- IGCSE Programs
- IDBP Programs
- CLSP Programs
- Home Curriculum Programs
Eligibility criteria for faculty members
In order to teach in Singapore International schools, faculty members need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree is compulsory.
- Non-native professionals must have work permits.
- Secured job to have VISA for working in Singapore for non-native professionals.
- Masters or Doctorate degree in the specialized subject is highly preferred.
- ESL teaching professionals should have a TEFL certificate along with a Bachelor’s Degree.
- IB training in either the IB diploma programme, IB career-related programme, IB MYP programme or IB PYP programme (depending on which you plan to teach) is a must.